Luther High School Employment Opportunity
Job Title: Maintenance Custodian Assistant
Reports to: Facilities and Operations Director
Employment Type: Part-Time, (20-25 hours/week)
General Job Summary: Primary duties consists of assisting the Maintenance Custodian in general maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds and equipment. Secondary duties include custodial needs as required.
- Knowledgeable in the operations of various types of maintenance equipment including hand and power tools, chainsaws, various types of mowers.
- Mows grass, rakes lawns, prunes shrubs and trees, cuts weeds and brush using hand power tools and chainsaw.
- Perform minor semi-skilled and unskilled building tasks such as: painting/staining, repairing/replacing tile, etc.
- Plows, shovels, salts and removes snow from sidewalks around the school building.
- Collects garbage from receptacles located throughout school campus.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, replenish supplies and cleans spills if tasked to.
- Ability to self-motivate and carry out daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willing to learn and perform a variety of job tasks.
- Prioritize, and manage multiple projects.
- Be able to stand long periods.
- Ability to repeatedly push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Preferred if residing within 30 miles of school.
Compensation: $10-$14/hr. Based on experience.
Schedule: Monday to Friday. Flexible hours