The Student Council is the student government at Luther High School. The Council has as its primary purpose the development of student responsibility and leadership from a Christian point of view. It servellow students, to promote a good relationship between the student body and the faculty, and to promote the general welfare of the school.
- Conduct elections
- Organize and conduct homecoming activities
- Assist in planning & implementing Christmas at Luther
- Determine and promote mission projects
- Plan and arrange Arbor Day and Spring Fling
- Arrange for dances organized by Student Council
- Organize parent’s nights for the respective sports
- Organize lyceums for presentation to the student body
- Help organize 8th grade day
- Assist the faculty to address and resolve appropriate concerns
- Look for ways to improve Luther High School
- Look for ways to serve Christ
The Student Council is comprised of 19 students including a president, a secretary, a treasurer, three representatives from each class and the class presidents. The members are elected by their classmates.
Each student council member will:
- Actively participate at meetings
- Comply with the decisions reached by the Council
- Set an example of Christian character and conduct in and out of school
- Maintain eligibility
The candidate with the greatest number of votes in the final election is the elected officer.