Students in grades 5-8 are welcome!
- Weekly Private Lessons - Students attending one of the Luther Association schools or homeschooled students have the opportunity to receive private weekly lessons at their Luther Association school location.
- Regular Group Rehearsals - Students have the opportunity to take part in scheduled rehearsals with their peers from other Luther Association schools (approximately 7 Friday afternoon group rehearsals each semester at Luther). Returning band students in grades 6-8 participate in the Lancer Band from 3:00-3:50 PM and beginning students participate in Sabre Band from 4:00-4:50 PM. Jazz Band is open to 6-8 grade students and rehearses from 5:00-5:40 PM.
- Performance Opportunities - Students put their practice on display at concerts in Fall and Spring. The bands also perform for the halftime show of Luther's homecoming football game each year.
- Individual & Small Ensemble Opportunities - Students in grades 7-8 may participate in the regional Solo and Ensemble Festival. All LES Band students also perform solos or small ensembles for the Spring Science and Fine Arts Fair.
- Select Honors Groups - Students in grades 7-8 may be nominated for the annual WELS Middle School Honor Band. (Final selection is made by the Honors Band Committee)
Band Member News