Online courses are approved per the following policy:
The following information is intended to apply to the WELS online high school system ALHSO or the Bethany Lutheran College dual credit program. Online courses taken from other entities will require prior approval from the Registrar.
- Luther High School will only allow courses similar to LHS courses to be taken as enrichment courses.
- They will not be counted as one of the minimum 6 of 8 classes necessary to be a full time student (unless there are extenuating circumstances worked out through the Registrar in advance).
- Luther High School will not include these courses on the LHS transcript but instead provide documentation to any colleges/institutions upon request that a course has been completed.
- Online courses unique to the LHS curriculum may be used for credit at Luther if prior approval from the Registrar is granted.
- They will be counted as one of the minimum 6 of 8 classes necessary to be a full time student.
- Courses would be included on the LHS transcript
- Many college level courses (Bethany Lutheran College dual credit program) may be substituted for LHS courses with approval from the Registrar.
- Any other details can be found on the ALHSO website at www.alhso.org or Bethany Lutheran College website https://www.blc.edu/high-school-dual-credit-courses
- Cost - is the sole responsibility of the student/parents
- Technology requirements