What is scrip?
Scrip means “substitute money.” Friends of Luther (FoL) purchases gift cards and certificates to sell to FoL supporters to generate extra income for tuition assistance and other programs. Use scrip instead of money to cut tuition costs and support school programs without spending a penny more than you normally would! Use scrip at grocery stores and gas stations. Buy scrip cards as gift card the next time you need a birthday, anniversary or holiday present. It’s one stop shopping!
80% of the income generated by your purchase is credited to a current or future Luther High School student.
- The scrip year runs from January 1 to December 31. Credits will then be applied to your TADS account
- Current senior families may transfer their credit to another student. If another student is not chosen, the credit will revert to Friends of Luther.
- For future students, the credit accumulates and is applied to the student’s account their freshman year at Luther.
How do I purchase scrip?
- Fill out an order form
Order forms are available from our website www.luther.k12.wi.us or from the school office.
- Send your order to Luther
Orders can be delivered in person, mailed, faxed, or emailed. Parents can have their teen serve as a courier. Orders will be accepted in the school office any time during regular school hours (Monday-Friday 7:45-3:30 on student days). Outside of normal school hours, orders can be dropped in the drop box attached near the front entrance of school. All orders must be paid in full. You may make checks payable to Friends of Luther. No scrip orders will be mailed out.
How soon will I get my scrip cards?
The front of the scrip order form lists vendors that we keep on hand. Every effort is made to have these cards available at all times. The back of the order form lists vendors available for special order. A complete list of vendors is available at www.glscrip.com or www.scrippro.com . Special orders will be placed on the 1st and the 15th of each month. Allow an additional 7 days for delivery.
You can use scrip with any store or manufacturer coupons. Scrip looks and acts just a like gift card. Kohl’s will allow you to make payments on your store charge account with scrip cards!
Points of Understanding
- There is a $5 minimum accumulated credit that an owner can credit to a tuition account. Accumulated tuition credits of less than $5 will continue to grow until they reach the $5 threshold.
- For each family with an accumulated tuition credit, FoL will provide a statement in May of each year. If the family will have a student at Luther High School during the next school year, and if the credit is at least $5, the credit will be used to offset that tuition. The credit will appear on the family’s tuition and fees statement. If the family will not have a student at Luther High School during the next school year, the credit will continue to accumulate.
- Tuition credits in the scrip program will not earn interest.
- Scrip purchases may be made with cash or check only.
- Scrip purchases which are not designated to a particular account at the time of purchase will be applied 100% to Friends of Luther. In order for a scrip purchase to be credited to an account, the scrip purchase must be designated to a particular account holder at the time of purchase. Scrip purchasers may designate a scrip purchase to any current or future Luther High School student’s account.
- It is the purchaser’s responsibility to be aware of scrip expiration date. Although many scrip cards have no expiration dates, some begin charging a monthly fee after a year of inactivity.
- Scrip is like cash – if it is lost, it cannot be replaced.