In the spirit of the Reformer, Dr. Martin Luther, after whom our school is named, Luther High School has been established and is maintained by an association of Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) congregations of the La Crosse area in order to offer the members of our congregations a Christ-centered high school education (Proverbs 1:7; 9:10; 2 Corinthians 10:5). Therefore, it is the policy of Luther High School to give enrollment preference to students from WELS congregations of the Luther High School Association and secondly to students from WELS congregations which are not members of the association.
Students from Christian congregations not in confessional fellowship with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and students who do not belong to a Christian church, but are seeking a Christian education as provided at Luther High School, will be permitted to enroll at Luther High under the following conditions:
- All students will comply with all the rules and regulations which have been established by Luther High School, including attendance at daily devotional services, religion classes, etc.
- All students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) not in confessional fellowship with the WELS will learn the teachings of the WELS by attending an adult information course held by one of our WELS churches within one year of enrollment at Luther High School.
- No student shall at any time undermine the stated purpose of the school or doctrines of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, in or outside the classroom.
- No student shall solicit support for religious convictions contrary to the doctrines of the Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- Leadership positions in the worship life of the school are reserved for students who are members of the WELS or a church body in doctrinal fellowship with the WELS.
- Students and their parents will recognize that the admissions committee of Luther High School is charged with annually approving or disapproving enrollments on the basis of the above principles. If in the judgment of the admissions committee it seems that a student's past or present conduct or attitude is at variance with the policy and spirit of the school (as set forth in the statement of philosophy and purpose in the Luther High School catalog), his or her enrollment may be denied for the school of the school, even though no specific offense is mentioned.
- Admission will not be denied on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin.
Last Updated on Thursday, 01 January 2009 16:19